If you suffer from bloating, you carefully examine all the foods you are eating but tend to overlook what you drink. Most popular drinks that you consume daily might just be the culprit in your no win bloating war.
Let’s take a look which popular “health” drinks might contribute to your gas, bloating and indigestion symptoms.
1. Milk is the number one culprit for your bloated stomach that is ready to explode. Milk contains lactose that many people can’t digest properly. Milk was initially intended for human and animal babies as a rich source for growth and nutrients; you will not see adult animals consuming milk anywhere in nature. Most individuals lose the ability to process milk with age triggering multiple allergies and sensitivities. If you favor chocolate milk on top of that, you supply your body with indigestible formula of lactose and sugar which adds to your indigestion problems.
2. Coffee contains large doses of caffeine and acid that irritates and over stimulates the stomach lining. Strong ingredients in coffee eventually cause intestinal spasms and colic. Instant coffee that is more popular in Europe but gaining popularity in America is even worse for your stomach than naturally brewed coffee.
3. Tea, especially strong black varieties, contains considerable amount of caffeine and similarly to coffee causes stomach sensitivities and indigestion.
4. Fruit juice is believed to be a health drink and is widely advertised by juice manufacturing companies to supply your body with essential nutrients and elements. However, once you rid a fruit of its vital fibers via a juicing process, you are likely to be left with a high concentration of water and sugar. High amounts of fructose can upset any stomach and trigger an acid indigestion or gas attack. Additionally, sugar is perfect food for Candida yeast to feed off.
5. Soda has to be the ultimate worst contributor to your bloated stomach causes due to high concentration of chemical ingredients. Sugar, artificial sweeteners, chemical additives and caffeine mixed together by the process of carbonation create a concoction that is so harmful to our bodies that no words can describe. Both diet and regular soda varieties are equally bad for you and can give you gas almost right away.
6. Energy drinks are among the worst killer brews for our health since they contain double sugar and double caffeine compared to sodas to give you the jolt of energy. However, the jolt of energy very often comes at a very high cost of your health, namely, poor digestion, gas and bloating.
7. Beer is one of the top contributors to gas and bloated belly along with many carbonated beverages. Additionally, it contains wheat and yeast remnants that some people do not tolerate very well.
8. Champagne usually accompanies many festive events and romantic occasions. However, the famous bubbly is going to give you the not so romantic flatulence and indigestion due to high concentration of bubbles and sugars.
9. Wine is a type of alcoholic drink manufactured by means of fermenting grape juice. The result is highly acidic and sugary composition that can irritate your digestive tract and result in gas. Some people are additionally allergic to sulfites that most wine manufactures use as wine preservative and an ingredient intended to stop further fermentation.
10. Heavy liquor is literally pure poison for any organ of your body and is a very strong stimulant wrecking havoc with your digestion. Consuming heavy alcoholic beverages is almost a sure way to give you bloating.